New Resources for 8th Grade Math

It has been a busy week beginning to prep materials for a second year of 8th grade math! It was a pretty smooth transition from teaching only 6th grade math to having a section of 8th grade math (in addition to 6th!) last school year. However, having gone through a full school year, there are a few additional 8th grade resources I felt my students could use!


Pythagorean Theorem Task Cards
One of the concepts I quickly realized my 8th graders could use a lot of practice with is the Pythagorean Theorem. Since my students enjoyed the "star-level" aspect of these Angle Relationship Task Cards, I decided to create a set related to the Pythagorean Theorem. This new set, linked below, includes 56 task cards related to the Pythagorean Theorem. They are differentiated with four different star levels that correspond to the difficulty. With these cards, students practice determining if a triangle is a right triangle (using the PT), finding they missing hypotenuse of a right triangle, finding the missing leg of a right triangle, and solving challenge problems.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Pythagorean-Theorem-Task-Cards-Middle-School-Math-3249296

I try to keep my students working on as many hands-on activities as possible, but let's be honest, sometimes you just need a bank of practice problems to help students review! I began creating these 8th grade math review packets last school year and just recently finished up a full set of them. They hit all of the main concepts that we cover in 8th grade math. The bundle includes five different packets and a total of 147 problems. Topics and link are below!

1. Rational Numbers, Monomials, and Percents
2. Equations and Inequalities
3. Angles, Polygons, and the Pythagorean Theorem
4. Volume and Surface Area
5. Statistics and Probability

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/8th-Grade-Math-Review-Packet-Bundle-3256459

Hope you can find these resources useful in your back to school prep! I will be continuing to add to my bank of 8th grade math resources, so stay tuned for updates!

No comments :

Post a Comment